Searching for the best DnD storage box and case for your favorite dice sets? With so many options out there, from the large dice storage box to the utilitarian dice vault, it is easy to get lost in the veritable dungeon of shops. The best dice storage box for you will no doubt look different than my favorite way of traveling and storing my dice sets. Whatever your needs may be, here’s what you may want to look for.
In this article, we’ll be reviewing the top 20 dice storage boxes and cases available on the market today. We’ll be discussing the features of each product, as well as what makes them stand out on this list.
So, without further ado, let’s get started!
Best 20 Dice Storage Boxes and Cases for Tabletop Gamers
Dice boxes, cases, and bags come in all sorts of styles and sizes. Some are elegant, designed with sophisticated materials. Other dice case options are simple, utilitarian, and inexpensive. There is a wide swath of options to choose from when you’re looking for a dice storage box or case for your next gaming session.
Of course, the dice boxes and cases listed here aren’t all-encompassing, but are some of the more popular we’ve discovered. Below you’ll find an overview with thoughts about their use, limitations, and notable features that you may want to know more about.
Maybe you’ll find the dice box/case you’re looking for, or gather new ideas in your search. Read on below to find out more!
1. Dice Box DND Dice Storage Holder
This DnD Dice Storage Box is fairly large with a dice compartment that opens up on one side. It can hold 5 sets of dice, possibly more depending on the dice size.
The box is made of hard plastic and features a dice rolling area, making it great for using as a dice tray. The dice tray is a great feature, as it can keep your dice from rolling off the table and also protect them.
The box comes with strong zippers and a soft fabric lining on the inside. The fabric lining will help to protect your dice against scratches. The dice box is a great option for those looking for a storage solution that can carry dice and serve as a dice tray.
- Holds 5 polyhedral dice sets (standard 7-pieces)
- Made of hard plastic and features a dice rolling tray in the cover
- Comes with strong zipper and a soft fabric lining on the inside
- Internal pocket allows you to carry other gaming accessories
2. CASEMATIX Dice Tray and Dice Storage Case
You’re always on the go. Whether it’s dice for your tabletop game or dice for board games, you’re constantly rolling dice and running out of space to store them.
But now with CASEMATIX Dice Tray, you can have a dice tray that will protect your dice during travel and provide a stable and reliable surface during play! Plus this dice tray comes in premium PU leather materials so it won’t wear down over time like other dice trays might.
The CASEMATIX Dice Tray also has enough room to hold up to 115 dice (e.g., 16 mm sized dice)! You can store up to six sets of dice in the staging area and fit another 70+ in the rolling area. With four magnetic snaps that keep the lid securely closed, you don’t have to worry about dice or other small pieces rolling away.
The lid also doubles as a portable dice tray so you can keep the dice tray base at one end of the table and the lid on the other end. It even has a soft surface that will protect your dice!
- Holds a lot of dice!
- Premium PU leather materials won’t wear down over time
- Portable dice tray lid doubles as a second dice tray
- Four magnetic snaps keep the dice tray closed and secure
- Carry handles allow easy transportation
3. Wyrmwood Dice Vaults
What can I say? Wyrmwood makes some of the highest quality gaming supplies in the community. But, they are also very expensive. This Dice Vault is no exception. This is a solid wood constructed dice vault with a foam interior to keep your favorite dice from bouncing around.
Each vault comes with 10 resin polyhedral dice or 7 gemstone dice with a magnetic enclosure that snaps into place. Overall, Wyrmwood dice vaults have a very unique feel to them. Take a closer look!
- Solid wood construction
- Quality build and feel
- Incredible dice rolling sound
- Sliding magnetic closure to keep dice secure inside the dice vault
- Fits into the Wyrmwood dice tray
4. Polyhedral Dice Set of 7 with RPG Fantasy Potion Flask
The RPG fantasy potion flask comes with a polyhedral dice set and works well with the test tube rack holder. The dice come in a variety of fun colors with 2 tones of marble styling. The flask itself is made of glass, so they aren’t the most travel friendly unless you’re very careful.
On the other hand, these are beautiful and unique way to display your favorite dice sets. The dice and flask are both themed and eye-catching. The affordable price is also welcome, too! In general, 16mm sized dice are perfect for use with any tabletop RPG games you might play.
- Fun glass flask style cases for dice storage
- Includes the dice and potion flask
- Enough storage space to hold your favorite 16mm sized polyhedral dice sets several dice sets
- Themed, eye-catching and unique display
- Various colored dice available in an affordable package
5. Dice Box Case and Tray for DND Dice Sets
This Dice Box Case and Tray gives you a lot of room for storing and traveling with several sets of your favorite dice. The case is made to hold five sets of 7-piece polyhedral dice 16mm up to 23mm dice. In general, this makes it the perfect choice for dice collectors or players who like to have multiple sets of dice on hand.
The case is also designed to protect dice from damage. The soft interior cushions the dice, reducing noise and protecting against sliding or scratching dice. Additionally, this dice case has a removable foam liner which turns this case into a dice tray.
- Best for those looking for dice storage and a dice rolling tray combo
- Removable dice tray liner feature
- Five polyhedral dice set storage capacity (35 slots)
- Great for dice collectors
- Durable dice storage box
6. Budget Friendly Budget Polyhedral Dice Tin Box
This Dice Tin Box is one of the most affordable and practical ways to take your dice wherever you go. This dice storage box is perfect for those who are on a tight budget. It is made out of a basic tin with basic foam. The foam insert is not tailored to fit everyone’s dice, but it will work for the most common types of dice.
The foam insert will hold 7 dice (16mm) with each slot cut for the typical polyhedral set: D20, D12, D10, D8, D6, D4, D% Percentile. The plastic window in the cover let’s you see your dice while inside the case. Inexpensive, practical, and functional, what else could you ask for?
- Affordable dice box for a 7-piece polyhedral dice set
- Great for tabletop gamers who play DnD or other RPGs
- No dice or dice sets included with the purchase of this dice case.
- Foam insert is cut to a standard size (16mm dice)
7. Wooden DND Dice Set Box with Magnetic Lid
The Wooden DND Dice Set Box with Magnetic Lid is a crisp, styled dice box that is strong and durable. It can be used to store dice for multiple dice games, not just Dungeons & Dragons. The dice box is made of a strong wood, walnut, that is durable and will last for years.
The wood is smooth and feels great in the hand. Other materials are available as well as different patterns on the cover. There are six magnets evenly placed on the lid and body to make sure the dice box stays closed tight. The box will hold seven 16mm standard dice for Dungeons & Dragons, and other tabletop games that use polyhedral dice sets.
- Excellent wooden construction for the price
- Can hold seven 16mm dice
- 6 magnets keep the lid and body together
- Great option for those looking for an attractive, well-made wooden dice box
- Compact size
8. Personalized Dice Box for Polyhedral Dice
The Personalized Dice Box for Polyhedral Dice can hold 2 sets of polyhedral dice or 14 other kinds of 16mm dice. It can also hold a pen or pencil with a small, 28mm scaled miniature. The vault is hand made out of hard wood and has a faux leather interior lining in the lid, which acts as a compact dice rolling tray.
The wood itself is sealed and protected with an oil seasoning the protect the material. The finish also highlights the natural beauty of the wood grain. To keep the dice box stable on the tabletop, there are rubber feet on the bottom.
The customized logo and text are engraved or painted (your choice) and protected from peeling, damage, or other insults with varnish sealers. This is a great option for those who travel and want to keep the essential RPG accessories with them in a secure compact case.
- Personalized, custom dice storage box
- Hard wood construction with protective sealant for durability
- Holds two dice sets for RPG gamers with a miniature and pen slot
- Magnet enclosure secures the dice box for travel
- Great way to keep your dice organized and easy to access
9. Mimic Chest Dice Storage Box
The Mimic Chest Dice Storage Box is a really thematic RPG take on what is essentially a fairly large dice box. Forged Gaming produces a number of other great dice storage options, too.
The “Mimic Chest” is full painted and crafted from a durable resin. Forged Gaming packages these in a fancy box and wraps it in foam for delivery, making this a perfect D&D gift. The dice box weighs about 1.5 pounds (or about 600 grams) and that makes heavy for its size (which I love!).
The interior of the box will hold up to 35 individual standard sized 16mm dice (or 5 polyhedral 7-piece sets). Let this mimic dice box sit on your tabletop while you play for that added immersion and quirky gamer presence. You can also use it as a prop for gameplay in DnD games, or as storage for other things like miniatures, tokens, and other accessories.
- A unique presentation of a dice and accessory storage box
- Can store 35 dice (or 5 7-piece polyhedral dice sets)
- Weighs 1.5 pounds (hefty!)
- Painted and crafted from durable resin
- Quality hinges and durable construction
- Great for tabletop gamers and D&D players
10. Customizable Dicesaber (Dice Vault)
The Customizable Dicesaber is another thematic take like the Mimic Chest (above) for storing your favorite dice sets. This is a very popular Etsy item, as you can imagine. You can mix and match the colors for your chosen dice saber storage box.
There is a button that deploys the saber to open the dice within (using gravity). You can close the saber with dice inside with a retractable mechanism that you trigger with a button.
The dicesaber will hold up to 8 20mm standard sized RPG dice (or smaller dice sets). Check out the different color options and saber designs from the vendor! So cool!
- A sci-fi Stars Wars themed dice storage case
- Unique trigger operated opening and closing system dice
- Different color options available
- Saber hilts are also customizable
- Holds up to 8 dice of 20mm or smaller size
11. Hero RPG Dice Vault
The Hero RPG Dice Vault is a multifunctional dice box for all your RPG needs. arder dice box is a great way to store your dice. The dice box includes a 20-dice capacity, as well as a place to store your miniature figurines. It also has a tray to roll your dice in, and it comes with a magnetic lock to ensure the safety of your dice. The dice box is made out of bamboo.
There are two sizes to choose from: a standard and huge capacity dice box. If you’re looking for a functional, stylish way to store and carry your dice, this is a great choice. On the road? Always have your essential RPG dice and accessories with you in this dice case.
- Lots of ways to configure this dice box for RPGs storage storage box
- Made of durable bamboo wood
- Constructed for compact travel
- Secure magnetic enclosure
- Space for dice, a miniature, and pen (slot acts as a tablet or smartphone stand)
12. Dice Holder for Dungeons and Dragons (D&D Dice Box)
The Dice Holder for Dungeons and Dragons (D&D Dice Box) is designed to fit a full set of polyhedral dice. This can be used for games such as Dungeons and Dragons, Pathfinder, table top games and role playing games. The dice holder is also great for traveling. It easily fits in your pocket or bag so you can take it with you wherever you go.
Although dice aren’t included in this set, it’ll house whatever dice you want to take with you. The interior slots are made with 3D printed PLA plastic to hold your dice securely while traveling. Simple, function, and affordable, take a closer look!
- A simple tin box for dice
- PLA interior for securing dice
- Black enclosure secures with a friction fit
- Multiple colors to choose from
- Simple, budget friendly, and functional
13. Forged Dice Co. Dice Display Case and Rolling Tray
Let’s not get ahead of ourselves. The Forged Dice Co. Dice Display Case and Rolling Tray is a no-nonsense huge dice carry case for ALL the dice in your collection. If you’re like myself, you may have a huge number of dice and other RPG accessories. This case holds and stores it all and organizes it in compartments.
The 2 removable, divided dice trays are lined with thick velvet and hold up to 24 polyhedral dice sets (up to 168 individual dice). The trays can be set aside from the main case body. This makes the inside of the case into a dice tray, which is lined with a soft, dampening material. This makes the entire dice case versatile as both a storage unit and gaming accessory.
The see-through lid is made of a durable plastic and the entire external casing material is a hard, durable plastic with aluminum corners and edges. You’ll have no worry of damaging this dice travel case when you’re on the go. This is a stand out, one-of-a-kind dice display and storage case.
- Perfect for large dice collectors
- Dice organizer trays are lined with velvet
- Crystal clear lid displays your favorite dice sets
- Removable trays allow the case interior to serve as a dice rolling tray
- Carry handle makes traveling with this portable dice carry case easy
14. Portable D20 Wooden Dice Box
The Portable D20 Wooden Dice Box is a beautiful wooden dice storage case with contrasting, wood inlaid design and styling. It has inner compartments for storing and organizing your favorite RPG dice (16-20mm sizes), as well as space for accessories, e.g., tokens, pens, pencils, and a miniature. The cover snaps securely to the base with magnets. It also acts a felt lined dice rolling tray.
Overall, this is a simple, compact and beautiful design that has received incredibly high ratings by other users. Take a closer look at the vendor’s Etsy shop for other similar products and variations on this dice box.
- Compact, wooden dice box
- Storage space for different RPG accessories, e.g., dice, pens, tokens
- Secure magnet enclosure for the lid and body
- Additive wooden construction creates a stylish dice box
- Inside of lid services as a dice rolling tray with soft felt lined interior
15. D&D Personalized Dice Storage Vault
The D&D Personalized Dice Storage Vault is constructed of solid wood with a dice capacity of 28 dice of almost any shape. This is perfect for those looking for storing and carrying your polyhedral dice, but have more than the standard 7-piece sets.
The dice holes are deep enough to secure each die, but shallow enough for you to lift each die out (even if you have large fingers). The lid and body have grooves for your thumbs for easy opening of the dice box. Extra strong neodymium magnets hold the entire case together.
Finally, this dice vault is customizable with the option for adding an engraving on the top. Personalizing a dice vault is a great way to make this into a nice gift for others or yourself. Take a closer look at the vendor’s shop for more details!
- Simple, functional dice vault
- Holds 28 dice of any shape up to 20mm size
- Durable wooden construction
- Powerful magnetic enclosure
- Custom engraving options available
16. Forged Dice Co. Dice Storage Case
The Forged Dice Co. Dice Storage Case is a versatile dice display case with a foam insert slotted for up to 35 dice. Store individual polyhedral dice sets securely with the zipper enclosure. The cover opens and works as a dice tray.
The exterior comes with a cover embossed with the Forged Dice logo. The exterior dimensions are 8.25 inches by 6.25 inches, which is close to the A4 notebook size. This will fit neatly into a back pack, Dnd bag, or other small satchel you take with to your games.
The carry handle makes this a perfect travel dice case and with durable construction works to keep your favorite dice safe on the go.
- Holds a large number of dice
- Secure zipper enclosure
- Durable, mobile travel dice case
- Perfect size fits into D&D bags, DM backpacks, purses, and backpacks
- Cover acts as a built-in dice tray
17. Forged Dice Co. Dice Battle Pit Dice Tray
The Forged Dice Co. Dice Battle Pit Dice Tray is one of the most popular dice carry tray or case options on the market. The dice case is dual purpose, holding up to 100 standard sized polyhedral dice for your favorite RPG game.
The dice box also has an open area for rolling dice, organizing your RPG accessories, or simply displaying your miniature avatar. The cover, of course, serves as a dice roll tray as well. The rectangular shape is idea for travel, and fits into most small DnD bags, backpacks, or other travel cases.
- Dual purpose dice box with rolling trays
- Deceptively large storage capacity with room for up to 100 dice
- The cover serves as a rectangular dice tray
- Display models, store tokens, and organize dice
- Soft, luxurious velvet interior dampens dice rolling noise
18. D&D Personalized Dice Box Storage Tray
This D&D Personalized Dice Box Storage Tray is similar to other dice vaults in form and function. But, this has a leather interior along with a minimalism styling that caught my eye. This is a handmade dice box with an engraving (optional custom logo) that adds a bit of personality.
There is plenty of room for an individual dice set (e.g., polyhedrals), a small pencil and tokens. The cover opens up into a dice tray as well to keep your rolls from bouncing into your tabletop miniatures, beverages, or getting lost on (or off) the gaming table.
- Simple, minimalism style
- Functional dice box with secure magnetic lid
- Cover acts as a leather padded dice tray
- Crisp, custom engraving on the cover adds personality
- Handsome, compact wooden construction
19. Large Drawstring Dice Bag
The Large Drawstring Dice bag is not a dice box, case, or vault per say, but works the same with the added benefit of a HUGE storage capacity. The unique design of this dice bag allows you to organize individual dice sets in cloth pockets around the bag. Each pocket can hold a full polyhedral dice set.
This is perfect for taking all your dice for any game you can imagine with you. This is a great mobile dice bag option for holding other things too, like tokens and other accessories. There are different color, design options (check the vendor store).
Because this is made of cloth, it is machine washable. The fabric is durable without visible seams on the sides or bottom of the dice bag. Note that this is a fully customizable dice bag with custom requests for design and function available.
- Dice bag with huge capacity for dice sets
- Organizing pockets line the bag
- Customizable design
- Drawstring closure
- Machine washable fabric dice bag
20. ENHANCE Tabletop RPG Organizer Case
Is the ENHANCE Tabletop RPG Organizer Case the best dice storage option? It depends on what else you want to organize and store for your RPG tabletop games. This is the ultimate investment in the roleplaying game hobby. This case will be where you organize and store all your characters’ information, tools, and accessories.
This travel case will store dice, as well as character sheets in a binder with transparent protector. Write directly on the plastic cover with a dry-erase marker for gameplay convenience.
Take your dice storage to the next level with a zipper pocket that holds a ton of dice, and with accompanying dice roll tray in the open cover. The opposing side holds miniatures in a foam lined insert. A velcro strap can hold full size playing card decks safely when traveling.
The durable exterior enclosure and carry strap makes this an awesome all-in-one gamer’s storage organizer for dice and much more!
- Ultimate storage for dice and much more
- Durable exterior with zipper enclosure
- Foam tray for carrying multiple miniatures for games
- Dice storage pocket and rolling tray built-in
- A bit expensive
9 Must-Know Features of Great Dice Storage Boxes and Cases for DND and other RPG Dice Collections
When looking for a dice storage box, there are a few key features you’ll want to keep in mind. The first is size – the dice storage box should be able to comfortably hold all of your dice sets. The next is portability – the dice storage box should be easy to carry with you on the go. And finally, protection – the dice storage box should protect your dice from damage and wear and tear.
Here are a few more things you can look for in a dice storage box or case:
- Size: The dice storage box should be large enough to hold your collection of dice.
- Portability: The dice storage box should be easy to carry with you on the go, whether it’s in your backpack or in your dice bag.
- Protection: The dice storage box should protect your dice from damage and wear and tear. So that they’ll last you a long time!
- Material: The dice storage box should be made of a durable and sturdy material, such as wood or metal, to protect your dice from damage.
- Multifunctional: Dice box storage and dice tray combo units are very popular. Take a a dice storage case where you need to go and deploy it into a dice rolling tray wherever you game and play
- Weight: The dice storage box should be light enough to carry with you on the go, without adding too much additional weight.
- Reinforced corners and durability: The dice storage box should have reinforced corners for added protection.
- Locks and clasps: The dice storage box should have locks and clasps for keeping all of your dice safe inside.
- Price: The dice storage box should be affordable and fit within your budget.
READ MORE: WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT METAL DICE SETS
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What are the 7 standard dice for DnD and other RPG games?
The seven dice that are used most commonly in DnD and other RPG games are the d20, d12, d10, d8, d6, d4, and the D% (or percentile die). The D20 or twenty sided die is iconic and used in almost all RPG games. The D6 is mostly common in tabletop war games, like Warhammer 40k or Warmachine/Hordes, which use the six-sided die for resolving almost every action, e.g., combat.
What do you store dice in?
There are a variety of dice storage options on the market, including dice storage boxes, dice bags, and dice trays. The most popular type of dice storage is the dice storage box. A dice storage box is a container that is specifically designed to store dice. It is typically made out of a durable material, such as wood or metal, and has reinforced corners to protect your dice from damage.
A dice storage system also typically has locks and clasps to keep your dice safe inside. Another popular type of dice storage is the dice bag. A dice bag is a bag that is specifically designed to store dice. It is typically made out of a durable material, such as canvas or faux leather, and has a drawstring closure to keep your dice safe.
How big are dice boxes?
Dice boxes come in a variety of different sizes, so it’s important to choose one that is the right size for your dice collection. The most popular dice box size is 8W x 11L x 2D inches, which can comfortably hold up to 20-100 dice. However, there are dice boxes available in a variety of different sizes, so be sure to choose one that is the right size for your dice collection.
What are the different types of dice storage?
There are a few different types of dice storage on the market, including dice storage boxes, dice bags, and dice trays with built in pockets and compartments. The most popular type of dice storage is the dice box or vault. A dice storage box is a container that is specifically designed to store dice.
How do you make a dice box for D&D?
There are a variety of ways to make a DIY dice storage box, including getting custom dice boxes made and making them yourself. Making your own dice storage box is a fun project that everyone from beginners to experts can enjoy doing. You can buy or repurpose an existing container for your dice storage box, such as a wooden cigar box. You can read more in this article about how to make a wooden dice box for yourself.
Dice storage boxes are pretty versatile when it comes to making them. You can either get custom dice storage made or make it yourself. Making dice storage boxes is a fun project that everyone from beginners to experts can enjoy doing, whether they are purchasing dice or repurposing an existing container.
Summary: Best 20 Dice Boxes and Cases for Storage and Travel
|Dice Box DND Dice Storage Holder||Holds 5 sets of polyhedral dice (35 individual dice) with an internal pocket for accessories.||Check Price|
|CASEMATIX Dice Tray and Dice Storage Case||Huge dice storage capacity with a internal lid that serves as a dice rolling tray.||Check Price|
|Wyrmwood Dice Vaults||Solid wood construction with a great tactile feel and magnetic enclosure. Works well with other Wyrmwood gaming products.||Check Price|
|Polyhedral Dice Set of 7 with RPG Fantasy Potion Flask||Fun glass flask or test tube dice case that works well for display for gaming immersion.||Check Price|
|Dice Box Case and Tray for DND Dice Sets||A functional dice storage and rolling tray combo. Zipper enclosure secures your dice collection within and keeps you mobile and organized.||Check Price|
|Budget Friendly Budget Polyhedral Dice Tin Box||Affordable, functional, and durable dice storage box for a single set of polyhedral dice (7-piece dice set).||Check Price|
|Wooden DND Dice Set Box||Compact, solid wood construction dice box with cover design and magnetically secured lid.||Check Price|
|Personalized Dice Box for Polyhedral Dice||Take your favorite polyhedral dice sets to your next DnD game along with other RPG gaming accessories.||Check Price|
|Mimic Chest Dice Storage Box||Solid, durable polyresin construction as a unique take on your everyday dice and accessory storage box. Thieves fear the mimic chest!||Check Price|
|Customizable Dicesaber (Dice Vault)||A sci-fi Stars Wars themed dice storage case. Triggers and working buttons operate the dice compartment.||Check Price|
|Hero RPG Dice Vault||Multifunctional dice storage box with space for other RPG essentials, like pens and miniatures.||Check Price|
|D&D Dice Box||Your everyday basic dice box with PLA 3D printed dice slots to secure your set. Inexpensive, lightweight, and functional.||Check Price|
|Forged Dice Co. Dice Display Case and Rolling Tray||A beautiful, elegant way to store, organize, and display your dice collection. Travel ready handle and removable trays allow you to game with its built-in rolling tray in base.||Check Price|
|Portable D20 Wooden Dice Box||Compact, wooden dice box with storage space for different RPG accessories, e.g., dice, pens, tokens.||Check Price|
|D&D Personalized Dice Storage Vault||Features a durable wooden construction with powerful magnetic enclosure and individually cut dice holes.||Check Price|
|Forged Dice Co. Dice Storage Case||Holds several polyhedral dice sets with a secure zipper cover. Perfect size for mobile, on-the-go gamers and fits into D&D bags, DM backpacks, and other travel cases. Use the cover as a dice tray.||Check Price|
|Forged Dice Co. Dice Battle Pit Dice Tray||Dual purpose dice box with rolling trays. Huge storage capacity for dice, accessories, and even a small notebook.||Check Price|
|D&D Personalized Dice Box Storage Tray||Simple, minimalism style with functional compartments for dice and other gaming needs.||Check Price|
|Large Drawstring Dice Bag||A bag, not a box, but all the same, this is awesome for taking your dice (a lot of them) with you to your games.||Check Price|
|ENHANCE Tabletop RPG Organizer Case||The ultimate tabletop gaming accessory works to store and organize your dice, character sheet, miniatures, and much more. A zipper enclosure, carry strap, and compact travel-ready size make it great for any TTRPG gamer for their next adventure.||Check Price|
If you are looking for dice storage box or dice case for your favorite dice while traveling, then I hope this article gave you a bit of ponder! Although this list doesn’t encompass a fraction of the options available out there, these are some of the most popular and highest rated dice storage options available. Some are budget-friendly, others are expensive and range in price between $3-$250, depending on size, customization, craftsmanship, and other features.
Do you currently have a way to store and take your favorite dice with you to games? Did I miss any favorites that I should have highlighted here? Let me know with a comment!
Happy TTRPG gaming!